• Contactless measurement – entirely wear-free
• Low weight – ideal for small portable OEM products
• Low energy requirement – can be operated from 5 VDC or 12 VDC supply
• No need for periodic re-adjustment
• Available with various position magnets
• Optional: direct or inverse analog output signal
• Optional: assignment of output signal to measuring length
For position measurement, the absolute, linear Temposonics® position sensors make use of the properties offered by the specially designed magnetostrictive waveguide. Inside the sensor a torsional strain pulse is induced in the waveguide by momentary interaction of two magnetic fields. One field is produced by a moving position magnet, which travels along the outside of the sensor rod, and the other field is generated by a current pulse applied to the waveguide. The interaction between these two magnetic fields produces a strain pulse, which is detected at the head of the sensor. The position of the moving magnet is determined precisely by measuring the time elapsed between the application of the current pulse and the arrival of the strain pulse. The result is a reliable position measurement system capable of ensuring accurate and repeatable measurement.